Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Gift of Giving

By Pastor Jer

What was the greatest gift you ever received for Christmas or what is the greatest gift you have ever given? The second question may be a little bit harder to answer than the first, but one thing I know, giving is contagious. A lady in Pennsylvania this week going through the Starbucks drive-thru paid for the car behind her. This nice gesture at Starbucks went on for 2 hours as one person after another paid for the person who was waiting behind them.

Several things I am learning about giving is that it is easy to give when you realize who it all belongs to. Whenever I get possessive of things or people I do not enjoy them the way God intended me to enjoy them. Another lesson I am trying to grasp is learning the value of the gift. It is so easy to take God, family and friends for granted. The loyalty, love and memories shared are precious.

Luke 6:38 reads, “Give, and it will be given to you.” I can be more than generous when I know that God is my provider. God wants to use you this week to show His love to someone in need. Ask the Lord how you can be used as His gift. Merry Christmas!

No comments: