Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Sound of Love


A writing by my friend Luke, a new Father and a fellow Youth Pastor here in the Dallas area with his precious daughter Claire.


My little girl was a week old yesterday. May I say that this experience of being a Father is quite amazing to the point where words fall very short in describing it accurately.

However, yesterday as I was holding Claire I was talking to her. Of course I know that she can’t understand anything I am saying and is much more interested in her next meal than in her fathers voice. But, I have noticed that her favorite position to be held is tight up against my chest with her head against my heart. I was so incredibly still that I could feel my pulse as my heart continued to beat. I said aloud, “Although you don’t know it yet baby girl, the sound of love is what you’re hearing.” Of course she didn’t understand that, but I pray one day she will.


I began to think of my Savior…and to think he was probably saying the same thing to me (and the rest of mankind) as a matter of fact. “The sound of love is what you’re hearing.” As he washed the disciples feet, as he turned over tables in the temple, as he was silent before his accusers, as he was scourged, as the nails were driven into his hands and feet, as his blood pooled at the foot of the cross, as he took his last breath, as the stone rolled away. “The sound of love is what you are hearing.” And although you might not understand that now, I pray that someday you will.

Overwhelmed,

luke

No comments: