Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Fear" by Jer

I want to be like my son Graydon when I grow up! That may sound weird, but let me explain. I watch Graydon play and interact all day long and am amazed at how he throws himself into everything. Just last week I was with my family in Hilton Head, SC and watching Graydon run into the ocean full throttle amazed me. Here he is 32 inches short and 23 pounds and takes on this vast powerful ocean like it’s a puddle. Now I know he doesn’t understand exactly how powerful that ocean is and that it has been responsible for causing a lot of devastation since the beginning of time. However, my son enjoys life and isn’t afraid to live it. Graydon also knew that I was right by his side in that ocean and that I wasn’t going to let anything happen to him.

Are we really enjoying life or have we let fear prevent us from really living? As we get older we let disappointments, past pain, trials, circumstances and people dictate more about how we go about the day than we should. We lose the sense of being like little children in the hands of a powerful God who wants us to enjoy life with no fear. Exodus 14:13-14 says, “Moses answered the people, ‘Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you: you need only to be still”. How incredible that our part is to remain still while God fights for His people! Ask God today what fears are holding you back from enjoying playing in the ocean of life.

(Enjoy the pics and videos of my son living life and how he allows us to enjoy it with him.) If grace were an ocean, we’re all sinking-John Mark McMillan

No comments: